Monday, August 1, 2011

8/1/11 - throws + deads

throws
  • 16# stone- 15 standing, 15 south african
  • 16# hammer- 7 throws
training

hip snatches- up to 205x2x3
sumo deads- up to 455x1, 365x3x4
conventional deads from 2" deficit for speed- 365x1x8
850# tire flips x3x4 (supersetted with speed pulls)

+lying leg raises against bands & sledghammer swings on tire

solid session with the weights, never gone that heavy on deads before, definitely more in the tank, just easing my way into it. Speed deads were simple, tire felt good too.

throws also went well.. focused on getting that right knee turned in and snapping my arm. had a few really good throws, despite not measuring. did everything in slow motion and sped the last couple up. definitely feeling a difference. going to do this my next few sessions. hammer went well also, was just exhausted by the time I got to it. This 106+ degree weather @ 70%+ humidity has got to stop. I want my AZ dry heat back!!! I'll hit some extra hammer throws on wednesday after wfd.

my mrs made some AWESOME blackened chicken tonight, unfortunately I gobbled it down so quick I forgot to take a pic, sorry everyone, I'll try to remember next time.

macros= 61f / 254c / 270p = 2691cals

No comments:

Post a Comment