Wednesday, September 21, 2011

9/21/11 - throws

throws

53# wfd
  • one turn x 9, best of 37'
  • two turn x ~8, best of 35'
Threw uphill as ususal. Was stuck at 30-32 for the first 4-5 throws of the one turns. tried to think about what I was doing an d analyze it in my head. I remember from watching videos recently that my left leg is just barely getting down before I start pulling on my release so I thought if I got it down faster I would have a better base to speed up a tidbit more before pulling for the release. Tried this once and immediately jumped to 35'. Tried a couple more times and nailed 37'. Definitely feel more in there but I called it there because I wanted to get some 2 turns in.

My first 2 turn dropped all the way back down to 30'. This is frustrating to say the least. The next went to 31' and then 2 more at 30'. I took a few minutes to think about what I was doing and I don't really think I was accellerating the weight during my sprint, rather just spinning around it. Also, I typically begin my spin when the weight gets to 12:00. By doing this, the weight is ALMOST at 6 before I get into position for my sprint, this means I'm not getting any acceleration going into the sprint. 3rd, I think I'm casting the weight too high which is throwing off my drive forward and therefore am slowing down. So, now I have to fix the issues. I started my spin at 11, got into position, pulled linear, got the left around and it went 34'. Not great but definitely better. Thew a couple more, working on fast feet getting into positions and hit 35'. Again, not great, but better than where I was. That ended up being my last throw as I tore a callus clean off and couldn't get a good grip on the weight anymore.

Just need to remind myself to play around a bit more with the cast so that I can get my feet into position faster, as well as adjust the height. Need to get that left leg down super fast so that I can drive the weight down to my right leg and sprint to the trig, then get that left down super fast again, drive the weight down and pull up and over the trig. Looking forward to sunday to throw wfd again. Tomorrow will be hammers and sheaf.

cals = 4348 w/ 312g protein, 75g carbs pre workout

No comments:

Post a Comment