Wednesday, September 7, 2011

9/7/11 - throws

throws
  • 23.5# braemar x 5, best of 33'
  • 16# open x 5, best of 44'
  • 53# wfd x 6, best of 33'
  • 28# wfd x 4, best of 71'
  • 16# hammer x 10, best of 117'
Got an ankle brace and that helped immobilize my ankle so that swelling has gone down. My toe has been feeling good as well as my left patellar tendon so I wanted to get some throws in today before heading to Minnesota this weekendl. Threw stones and wfd at work, uphill and pulled some decent numbers. Threw the hammer at home this evening on flat ground and focused on staying loose and keeping my hips active. I was hitting around 104' and then started thinking about my hips and bumpted it up to the 115's. Steady 112-117' for 5-6 throws before callign it a night. Everything clicked really well despite my poor nutrition lately. High fats, very low protein and less than adequate carbs, especially around training. Weight is holding steady, despite not keeping my calories where they need to be, however, this is definitely affecting performance. Going to get this fixed in the next couple days and make sure I have lots of carbs to take with me on the field Saturday. Taking the next 2 days off to deload, stretch, foam roll, etc. Flying out to MN with Jon O'Neil so that should be a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment