Friday, September 30, 2011

9/29/11 - throws

throws

30# wfd
  • x10 one turns, best of 68'
  • x8-10 two turns, best of 69'
  • x3-5 footwork drills between every couple reps. working on a quick left leg with good separation
16# hammer x 6-8, best of 114'

Trained on my lunch break, threw uphill as usual. Weights felt really well, though a tidbit disappointed with the distance. The day before was my speed day so I'm sure I wasn't fully recovered, but I was hoping for a little better. The 68' one turn was pretty solid so I'm satisfied with that. Between each throw I was practicing foot work. Practicing the pivot, sprint, quick left leg, pivot, pull. My first few tosses were slow so I could work on the footwork while throwing, I think those tosses were around 52-58'ish. Once I sped it up I was getting them out there. I need to video myself a few times to see how it looks, if I'm getting low enough, speed, etc. Hammers went ok, focused on staying super loose and usign my hips to move the ball. By now I had been throwing for about an hour straight so I was getting tired. I dropped a couple out at 114' but was too tired to get my hips moving fast enough for anything higher. Next week I'll spend some exclusive time on the hammer. This week it was all about fixing my o-stone and wfd footwork. Anxious for Saturday's throwing session.

cals = ?, lasagna with the in-laws for dinner, you bet your ass I didn't count dem caloriezzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment