Wednesday, September 28, 2011

9/25/11 - throws

throws

16# stone, stand x8-10, south african x10-12
28# wfd, 5-8 full throws
20# sheaf, 5-8 tosses
20# hammer, 4-6 tosses

Trained with Andrew Hobson, can't thank him enough for all of his help. Worked on planting that left foot hard and pulling it to accellerate the hips on the standing tosses, also his cue of "throw it over the WFD standards" finally got some height to the stone. Good things here. Worked on getting a better wrap with a more linear drive to the trig on the south african, have some work to do here as I was pretty much just spinning around the stone before. I can see how this will generate additional power. Worked on getting the left down quick on LWFD after the sprint. Need to work on not reaching so far though as I had an extremely wide base when it came time to pull. Sheaf felt good, Andrew had me working on my back swing, much much higher. Felt more fluid and was going several feet higher. Good session.

Went to dinner at Oreganos with my family, had great time. The kiddo was scarfing down noodles and cheerios like nobody's business, haha.
cals = ?

No comments:

Post a Comment