Wednesday, September 28, 2011

9/27/11 - throws

throws

16# stone
  • x8 standing step over drills, best of 38'
  • x15-20 footwoork drills
  • x8-10 south african throws, best of 41'
53# wfd
  • one turn x 5, best of 35'
  • two turn x ~3, best of 33'
  • two turn w/ 30# wfd x ~4
Trained on my lunch break, threw uphill of course, different spot than usual so even more of an incline. Felt tired after yesterday's throwing and weight session so #s were pretty down, either that or the increase in incline made my #s look dreary. I'm not one for excuses so I'll just say I need to try harder. Step overs felt really good and snappy. Getting a good pivot off my right leg and driving up onto my block. Been working on pushing my left leg back while blocking to help accellerate the hips. Definitely feel this is working. Worked on driving to the trig while wrapping better for the south african. Can definitely feel a difference, now I need to get some height on the stone again. Seems I fix one thing and the other I forget about, haha. WFD felt alright, hand is still kind of tore up from last week and this weekend but I still hit it hard regardless. Worked on getting a violent pull out of the back on the one turns, then getting that left down fast. Had a good toss at 35', despite being tired. Two turns didn't go as well. Need my first spin to be faster so I can really speed up the weight as I'm driving it down to my leg before the spring, then a strong pull and a quick left leg to plant. Need more reps, story of my life.


cals = 4248 w/ 297g protein, 3 nutri grain bars preworkout, ordering a a couple tubs of waxy maize this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment