Thursday, February 9, 2012

2/8/12 - offseason 14/b throws

throws

16# stone
*hip pop drills x8, best of 41'
*step over drills x6, best of 45'
*full standing x9, best of 44'
*south african x23, best of 51'3

lots of throws today, overall a good workout. about 15 throws into the south african I started focusing on getting more rotational rather than linear. This allowed me to get consistent at 49-50 with less effort. Biggest thing I need to do is keep my head and shoulders up. I worked on pulling my left leg up and trying to kick my butt, rather than reaching for a foot placement. Felt much snappier when I was able to impliement this. Also, I'm feeling how my upper is rushing. I always thought that holding the upper meant to keep it from rotating early to allow the hips to come around first. It's not only that, but also holding it farther back from the trig while the hips push forward first.. been working on this but it's going to take some time to drill. Lastly, my block is terrible. After watching a few videos of others vs myself, I don't pull my left arm in near hard/violent enough to get the snap needed.

key points to work on:

heady/shoulders up
get rotational aka sweet the right foot around my body into position
quick left foot
be patient with the upper body
deliver high
strong snappy block

No comments:

Post a Comment