Monday, February 6, 2012

2/6/12 - offseason 14/a throws

training

56# wfd
*standing throws x4, best of 30'
*one turn x7, best of 39'6" PR
*full throws x16, best of 39'2" training PR

great day to learn a thing or two. Worked on getting a strong finish out and over the trig, dialed in a couple sweet 30s for the standing tosses. On the one turns, I worked on a medium sprint, then driving the weight down to my right leg and finishing strong. Took me 4-5 throws before this finally clicked and when it did, 39+ ft. New 1 turn PR.

Went to full throws and things started breaking down. Drifting too much during the first turn. Out of position after the first turn. Nothing was really lining up. After about 12 throws I decided to just lay off the cast. I slowed it down and focused on hitting the position for a one turn. This is when it started to click. Need a lot more practice with it but I'll be slowing the cast down a lot for a while. I also need to study some Vierra and Frasure vids regarding the cast. Something feels off, just doesn't seem like I'm getting the orbit I need to. None of the full throws had any focus on driving the weight down on my right before the finish and I was still nailing 39' a few times.. when I get this figured out, big throws are going to come.

Things to keep in mind: slow down the cast, watch the drift on the first turn, feel the position after the first turn, drive the weight down to the right leg and finish strong.

vid: 


dinner:


12oz medium rare ribeye steak + butter/sour cream baked potato = winning


No comments:

Post a Comment