Thursday, November 24, 2011

11/19/11 - offseason 2/c throws

throws

53# wfd
  • x10 standing, best of 27'
  • x10 one turn, best of 34'
  • x12 full, best of 34'
16# stone
  • x3-4 step over drills, best of 41'
  • x6 south african drills (right foot pivot), best of 42'
  • x4 south african fulls, best of 49 on the 3rd toss, pulled groin on the 4th toss which landed at 48'
great session with the weights. I'm happy with the distances because of how fatigued I was. Legs really take a beating with the heavy work, speed work and sprints in there. Stone was feeling really really good. Was really working on separation and being patient with my upper body. Dropped one out there at 49' and there was much more in the tank. Went for gold and pulled my right groin again. This is really pissing me off. It's very minor, again, but it still sets me back 2-3 weeks in my training. I'm going to see a muscular therapist about working that scar tissue. I've been analyzing video and I don't feel it's my technique that's causing the issue as my right foot is finishing the pivot, so it shouldn't be compromising the adductor the way it is. I pulled my groin pretty badly last year and never had it worked on, so I think the continued minor injuries are residual scar tissue tearing. I'm going to get that fixed and then work on a lot of side to side plyos to help strengthen the muscle. Not strengthen as in make it more powerful, but strengthen so that it can withstand more abuse.. bulletproofing per se.

unk cals (I'll probaby only list these once in a while for now)

No comments:

Post a Comment