Tuesday, November 1, 2011

10/31/11 - throws

throws

53# wfd
  • x12-15 one turn, best of 34'
  • x8-10 full standing, best of 32'
16# hammer x5, unk distance

Worked on a more straighter drive to the trig, rather than diagonal. I found that when my timing was right with the sprint, I would finish early out to the right. When my timing was off of the spring, I would finish late off to the left. Played around with this quite a bit and found a happy medium, throwing very slightly to the left and getting up on my left leg very well. I also found that when I sprint diagonally (over-rotate and hence, reaching for my foot placement), that by the time I'm in position, my legs are too far apart to get any good leg drive into the finish. I end up getting up on my left, but my right leg is almost locked by then and I'm losing a lot of distance. Once I fixed the sprint phase and was driving straighter (not completely straight, still over to the left a tidbit), my legs got into a better power position. It was easier to sink and drive forward up onto and over that left leg, getting a really nice lift and push for the finish. A couple times my right hip shot forward and I stepped over the trig. Going to work on finding a happy medium. By the time I got around to the full throws I was pretty exhausted so I was just going through the motions with minimal effort on the sprint.

Although slow, hammer felt really good. Really reaching to my right to catch the ball. Going to work hammer one more time before Tucson to get a couple good throws in.

Thought about throwing sheaf and WOB tonight, however, hand was pretty tired from weights plus the kids were already out trick or treating so I just relaxed with my family and hung out handing out candy. Probably won't throw wob again until the games but thats not a big deal. I can make minimal adjustments as needed. I'll throw sheaf once or twice and that should be good enough as well.

didnt count calories, protein was approx 260-280g which I'm happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment