Tuesday, May 14, 2013

5/11/13 - hammer/wfd

Training @ 515a

16# hammer x8-10, best 133

49# wfd
*standing x8-10
*one turn x12-14
*full x20-24, best 49+

Hammers felt good. Didn't really speed it up too much. Was just looking for a long wide orbit on both my left and right side on the 3rd wind. Then a long push into a strong left block. Lots of progress here lately. Looking for some big numbers soon.

Wfd was akward. Couldn't get into the proper position to really utilize that right side hip drive. I think I was rushing the stands and one turns. I relaxed a bit more on the fulls, focused on pushing the weight down and getting to the front and keeping my right turning. There is still a little pause but you can see the right hip slightly leading the throw. I think it's much more pronounced on the lwd, however, I didn't do lwd today. Took several throws just shy of 50ft with less effort than they other day so I'm making improvement. ABQ coming up next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment