Thursday, May 9, 2013

5/8/13 - upper & stone

Came down with a cold on friday so decided to take Sat, Sun & Mon off to heal up. Yesterday was supposed to be a big lower day, however, my 2 year old caught himself a wickid bug as well and had a fever most of Monday. I got up at 340a to head out to the gym and he woke up feeling awful so I got to lay down with my boy and make him feel better. Love that little guy. Hope he's feeling better soon. Threw some stone at lunch yesterday,

Training#1 @ 430a

Flat bench up to 315x3, add slingshot 365x1, 405x1, 425x1, 315x15
BTN jerks up to 275x2, 295x1, 315x1, 335x1, miss @ 365
Strict ohp 185x5, 205x5, 225x5
Dips bwx12, +45x10x2
Wide grip pushdowns 3x20

Was planning on an early morning stone sesh but the field was wet and I've got a killer meeting this afternoon so just went into work at 630. Bench felt ok, didn't really feel poppy on the raw stuff. Slingshot felt really good though. Triceps felt demolished after the set of 15 @ 315. BTN jerks are new for me. I like them but its hard to remind myself to drop under the bar instead of just pressing it out. Going to add these into my regular rotation with push presses every other week similar to how I have my deads/squats set up.


Training#2 @ 1130a

15.5# stone
*stand x6
*middle drill x6
*1/4 turn into south african x4
*full spin x6-8

I think one of the fulls went 53ft but I didn't see where it landed and my buddy wasn't sure. Otherwise I wasn't really paying attention to distances. Changed how I'm bringing my left leg around. Kicking it higher seems to get my right leg in better position for the push on the finish. Trying to be a bit more patient to get my hips forward. Just not carrying over in the fulls. Middle drills looking really good but I've got so much forward momentum on the fulls that I'm blowing right past the block and missing everything. Next throws session I'm going to focus more on the middle drill and getting into the position for the middle drill similar to the 1 turn drill and the full throw with the wfd. If I can make the full spin into a rolling start for that middle drill I think I'll really start making some progress. As always, need a better pull with my left arm but kind of putting that aside until my footwork comes together. Much better session than yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment