Wednesday, April 13, 2011

4/12/11 - throws

lunch training
  • 23.5# braemar- 15-20 @ 33-35' with the majority being a couple inches shy of 35'
  • 28# WFD- 6-7 standing @ 47-50', 5-6 single spin @ ~58', 5-6 double spin @ 68-73' with 3 over 70'
  • 56# WOB- 8-10 standing, 3-4 spinning

evening training
  • 16# open, glide- 15-20, unk distance
  • 16# hammer- ~15 throws
braemar and WFD feeling very good, looking forward to some good throws in vegas on fresh legs.

focusing on keeping legs stiff on the WOB and getting a good hip pop, a bit akward at first but it's coming along. no standards to train with so it's difficult to tell if it's affected my throw any, I'm really gunning for 16' standing in vegas.

open is my worst enemy: if i get my power leg in position I open early, if I stay closed I don't get my leg in position.. time to do some more drills to get that muscle memory on my leg and torso

hammer felt good, got some good pointers from ryan seckman which helped me out alot considering I didn't throw hammer for nearly 5 weeks after the phx games due to my abdominal injury. considering I'm a n00b, that definitely affects my technique.. i got my high point off behind my left shoulder and started working a more horozontal orbit to get a wider orbit, looking forward to putting some juice on it this weekend.

macros = 79f / 541c / 292p = 4063 cals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32W-v9JFTKg

I'm definitely looking forward to the next few days off whilst getting ready for vegas. Going to do some foam rolling and super hot showers to help loosen up. Shooting for some big numbers this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment