Sunday, May 1, 2011

4/27/11 - throws

training
  • 16# open- 5-8 standing, 5-6 south african + lots of drills
  • 16# sheaf- 8-10
  • caber- 5 picks/carries, no tosses
  • 16# hammer- ~8-10
didn't measure anything. working on dropping into a solid double post before opening up on the standing/braemar throws, feeling more explosive as well as a better/longer push on the stone

worked a bunch of south african drills and took a few throws, felt good, though still akward, going to take time getting used to

caber picks went well, tried to get them high, also worked on carries with a hard push against my trap then let it go. big caber (three 20' 2x6s bolted together) so I didn't feel like trying any pulls

trying to fix my hammer.. ball is always to my left and i have no pull on it. i also don't have a very good high/low point, my hammers are pretty flat. i focused on setting a high point off my left shoulder and a low point down right of my right foot, then worked on getting around fast to catch the weight at the right spot..

good throwing day for me

macros = 62f / 300c / 274p = 2862cals, ~100g carbs preWO

No comments:

Post a Comment