Sunday, May 1, 2011

4/30/11 - throws

training
  • 16# open- ~15 standing, 20-25ish south african + lots of drills
  • 16# hammer- 15-20 with only maybe 6-7 releases
getting a good catapult affect with the braemar throws, staying nice and closed off until after I begin pushing with my legs, noticing a bit of increased distance here, though didn't measure anything

south african felt great, did lots of drills working on footwork.. also focused on loosening up my upper body, once this happened I was able to flow into the power position and stay closed off longer much easier.. going to keep working on this.. i walked out a couple of the throws with my feet and hit around 43' or so.. satisifed with this, very productive for now.

very productive with hammer as well.. got that high point where it needed to be and the low point flowed very smoothly.. added a bit of speed and it jacked up my 2nd wind's low point.. so i slowed it back down and focused on staying to the right throughout which helped, maybe 95-105ish for distances, very little effort on the releases, just trying to get the positions down..

macros = ?? went to chili's for dinner with the mrs and it was on like donkey kong.. cheat meal FTW!!

last day of anitibiotics, hopefully this water weight will shed off and I can actually see how much weight I've lost this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment