Thursday, December 1, 2011

11/30/11 - offseason 4a throws

throws

56# wfd
  • standing x4, best of 29'
  • one turn x4, best of 37'
  • full x15, best of 38'10, 5 past 38'6 

very happy with this weights session. First time in a while everything felt smooth and clicked. I dropped the lifting strap once I got to the full throws because I just wasn't comfortable with it. It doesn't sit in my hand right, feels like it's going to fly out early, etc. It works great for the drills, but not the full throws. So I pulled the glove off, taped the shit out of my thumb and rocked the hook grip. My thumb hates me today for it, but I had a great session. First couple were around 35-36', was missing the finish and was drifting too far to the left so I decided to slow down my cast. Once I slowed it down, everything fell into place. I got into position after the first turn much easier and as soon as I was in position, I started leaning/driving forward. As soon as the ball got into position, I exploded to the trig and worked on getting that left around fast. Throws 4-8ish were all pretty upright, not much leg involvement and sinking. After figuring this out I worked on sinking while getting the left around and into place. As soon as my left was around and in place, I would start driving forward again and work on pushing the ball out in front of me. 5 of the throws were out past 38'6 which, considering the prior day's leg workout, I am very happy with. I should have got some video, but I'm pretty confident with how everything felt and I'll nail it again next week. 40' is going down in training, very soon.

on a side note, I tweaked my right lat a little. Nothing serious, rolled it last night and it's just sore today. I pulled in ever so slightly on the 10th throw and felt it "over-stretch" a bit. Going to lay off heavy back work for a few days and just go with some light stuff to flush the blood in and rehab it faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment