Thursday, December 8, 2011

12/6/11 - offseason 5/2 ME upper & throws

throws

16# hammer
  • winds x6 for warmup
  • 2 winds x8-10, best of 104
  • 3 winds x6-8, best of 107
video:



training

push press- up to 315x1, 335x0
band pulldowns- dlb monster mini x25x4
video:



hammer sesh felt good, regardless of mega dead legs and slow/tight hips. only got the first 4 throws and my camera ran out of battery. Unfortunately they weren't the best of them. After another throw or two I was able to get the ball higher on the 2nd wind which was giving me better leverage for the pull and better height as well. Orbit was getting too flat on the ones in the video. After fixing that I felt much better speed both in front and behind me. Still not where it needs to be though.

evening press session felt ok. By the time I got to this I was pretty super tired so everything else on the list was a moot point and I just wanted a good push press. I've been chasing the 315 push press for 8 months. Finally realizing my tricep strength is subpar. Need to kick it up a notch.

No comments:

Post a Comment