Friday, December 23, 2011

12/20/11 - offseason 7/2 ME upper & throws

throws

16# stone
  • standing x12, avg 36', best 39'
  • south african x20, avg 43', best 46'
light hammer x10, two winds, avg 95', best 104'


went about 70-80% with all of these. Just trying to feel positions and deliver with little effort to get the reps in. A few of the south africans felt really good, the majority of them did not. I've got to get a good amount lower so I have a longer push on the stone. I also need to get that left foot around and down faster for a strong block. Things to work on. Hammer felt really good at the end. You'll notice every wind starts out nice and high and then the orbit gets flat on the second wind. After playing with this over and over again I found a ball path that this did not happen with. Going to drill the shit out of it now.


training

ME close grip + dbl efs monster mini bands- up to 245x1
close grip press- 245x5x2, 265x5, 265x4x2
strict ohp- 135x10, 185x6, 185x5x2
pullups- BWx3x5
one arm band pulldowns- BWx15x3
one arm band rows- BWx15x3

right lat started acting up when I did the pullups so I did some high rep stuff to flush some blood in the area. Close grip was meh, I was really hoping for 315+ bands so I'm a good ways off, looks like that'll be a goal of mine is to get to 315. After the close grips my triceps were fried so locking out anything more than 5 reps overhead with 185 just wasn't going to happen.

vids:



No comments:

Post a Comment