Friday, December 23, 2011

12/22/11 - offseason 7/3 DE lower

training

forgot my PF so no #s listed

speed front squat- 225x3x10
speed conv deads- 225x3x3, 275x3x7
reverse hyper- bw x15, +efs dlb mini band x15x2
dimel deads- 225x15x3
seated box jumps (from seated 12" onto 24")- bw x8, +25x8x2

ab wheel & cable twists

good session. Focused on keeping a high rack. Spread my hands out a little bit which opened up my chest spread my elbows out. At the same time it also nearly choked me out by the 3rd rep. Focused on sinking down into a strong clean squat position then exploding out. Reps were probably slower than 3.3f/s but since I didn't have the PF I didn't let it bother me. Just trying to hit positions and be explosive. Speed deads were simple, should have gone up to 315 but the rest time was killer. For both the squats and deads, I did each set on the minute, every minute except for the 5th set I gave myself 2 minutes. This all equated to about 35-40 seconds rest between each set and was pretty killer. Dimel deads were easy, should have gone to 20 but I got a sweet burn in my glutes/hams. Box jumps were crushing my hips from the seated position. Definitely a good session. Looking forward to legs next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment