Saturday, December 3, 2011

12/2/11 - offseason 4b throws

throws

16# hammer
  • x6 winds for warmup
  • 4 wind throws x15, best of 116'9
  • 3 wind throws x5, best of 111'
was standing about 3-4 feet in front of the trig so those #s might be a bit low but meh, whatevs. I haven't decided yet whether I'm happy with that session or not. I haven't thrown hammers since the tuscon games (11/6) so I should be happy. I got quite a few 4 winds in before switching to 3 winds. Suprisingly, when I switched, it didn't feel nearly as uncomfortable as previously. I was able to get good hip drive, extension and pull. Hardest part was getting over to my right fast enough on the 2nd wind to start getting after it. I'm used to my first and second winds being lazy because my 3rd and 4th are what produces all the speed. Quickly realized need to be MUCH more proactive on that 2nd wind. Got a decent throw, going to keep playing with the 3 winds and see how they feel. I think if I can get some good speed and hip pop, I can get some real distance on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment