Tuesday, April 3, 2012

4/1/12 - strongman events training

training

axle c&p up to 305x1, 335x failed press x3
monster db press up to 125x a lot, failed 155 a few times
250# keg carry x 3 feet

done.. no energy. I felt good when I first started but the continental cleans took a lot out of me. I cleaned the 335 and just missed the press. Going to start practicing jerks. I need to go 350+ if I want to do well in the strongman contest in may.  Something is off on the DB press.. I can't find that sweet spot to press it from and I'm beginning to think it's because I'm pressing a plate loaded db, rather than a real monster db similar to that of a slater. I'll be going into a local strongman gym later this month to train events and I'll get it figured out there. Afterwards I wanted to hit the keg carry and I got it all set up, picked it up, took 3 steps and dropped it. Nothing in the tank and completely exhausted. Put it back and called it a day. Very unhappy with this training session.

No comments:

Post a Comment