Wednesday, April 25, 2012

4/25/12 - throws: stone & hwfd

training

16# stone
*standing no reverse x3
*standing step over x3
*standing full x5
*full spin x10

56# wfd
*full x12

today was supposed to be a gym day but I decided to take advantage of the overcast high 70s/low 80s weather we had and get some throwing in. Glad I did too because it went very well. Despite having low energy and being pretty stiff, I got some good work in. A few notes: need more push from the right on my standing tosses, may possibly try staggering my feet a bit more to open up my hips more. Need to load the left leg more on the full spin, but today was just a footwork day as I wasn't trying to go for gold or anything. Just working on keeping my head up coming out of the back and during the sprint, getting my right preturned and a fast left leg (relatively speaking). WFD felt good as well, focused on keeping a good low point behind me at the start of the cast, then working on a linear drive with a tall finish. Sometimes I would get rotational, sometimes they were linear. All in all, a good session. Friday = hammers and maybe some sheaf & stone, we'll see.

***

macros = 73/161/248 (f/c/p) 2411cals .. fat was a bit high, had a turkey kielbasa omelette for dinner, it was tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment