Thursday, April 5, 2012

4/4/12 - stones

training

16# stone
*step over x2
*full standing x5, best of 43
*MSA x20+
*full spin x6, best of 48+

macros = 101/359/307 (f/c/p) = 3608 cals


Went a little heavy on the cals, however, went a bit lighter yesterday so that's fine I suppose. Still a bit too much fat for my liking but tacos for dinner were solid.

Stand throws went well, legs still very beat up from my lower session on tuesday. Couldn't find any rhythm on the msa throws. No linear drive, kept missing the power position, just couldn't figure out what was going on. Reluctantly, I decided to try the full spin once again. I came out of the back very slowly and once I was facing the throwing area, I hit the gas and really accellerated forward with my right and threw my left leg around. I had very little ground contact with my right before the left got down and I think this was a plus. No issues with my groin, everything feels solid, including the throw. Big things to work on is keeping my head up (still uncomfortable with footwork, but this clear up quickly), separating more and hitting the stone later. Overally, despite the terrible msa work, happy with this training.

No comments:

Post a Comment