Wednesday, April 18, 2012

4/15/12 - vegas games

2012 Las Vegas Highland Games

bs - 36'10 - 1st
os - 43'60 - 1st
hwd - 38'5 - 1st
lwd - 76'5 - 1st
hh - 99'10 - 1st
lh - 117'8 - 1st
sheaf- 26' - 2nd
wob - 14' - 2nd
caber - 85 - 3rd

Good games, despite the several issues going on. Time to heal up and move on. Stones had absolutely no right leg drive in them and for that reason, I'm pretty satisfied with the numbers posted. The throwing area for hwfd was very fast. I kept drifting forward and hitting the top of the trig with my left foot. I fouled my first 2, then pulled my bitch card out and did a one turn to take the win with 38+. Switched trigs for lwd and was much better. Need to make this faster, best one I could pop out was 76+ on extras. My moment of truth was the heavy hammer. First toss was 84ish feet, then 2nd toss was 97+. Got it going a little faster and dropped a new pr @ 99'10" with a slight uphill. After that I was spent and there wasn't anything left. Couldn't get my hips moving fast enough on the light hammer and had to settle with 117+. Broke for lunch and came back to caber, a big ugly stick, no taper, 17' 120lbs is what it was marked but everyone agreed it was closer to 140+ lbs. Only 2 people turned the stick and I wasn't either of them. Was very happy to move onto the next event. Couldn't get a good rhythm on sheaf and hit the bar at 28 on my first attempt, then couldn't get close. WOB was a distaster, missing out front on 15'6, pulling too early methinks.

Great games, very happy with how everything ran. Nice and smooth. Looking forward to Vegas next year. Shout out to Sport Kilt for the rad threads and to S&T Injury Law: 1800.ourlawyer.com for all the help they provide. If you need legal assitance, give them a call and they're always happy to help.

Big props to my team members Adam Brezina and Jacob Nicol for giving it their everything throughout the day. Adam didn't hit any PRs but he learned a few things and will be back at the next games with a vengeance. Jacob Nicol smashed 2 lightweight world records in the stones and I can foresee some big throws in the weights very soon. This is going to be a great year for all of us.





1 comment: