Monday, April 30, 2012

4/28/12 - throws: stone/wfd/hammer

training

23.5# stone
*non reverse x1
*step over x1
*full x4, best of 37'

16# stone
*full spin x4, best of 45'

56# wfd
*1 turn x3
*full x8-10, best of 41

28# wfd
*full x10-12, best of 78

22# hammer
*1 wind x2
*2 wind x3
*3 wind x6, best of 95

good session that totally exhausted me. Bstone felt off the whole time, just wasn't getting a good push with my right. Need to work on this as it seems to have gone down lately. Full spin throws felt good but I felt a tweak in my groin and shut it down. A few hours later it felt 100% so I'm glad I shut it down. Going to start killing stretching and leg sweeps to strengthen the right adductor. WFD was feeling terrible. 1 turns were slow and I couldn't nail the finish so I was expecting a shit-show on the full throws. On the contrary, full throws went pretty well. Had a series around 35-37, then a couple at 38 and my last throw went 41'2 (few inches off a training PR). I started focusing on being smoother and patient out of the back after the first turn, then extremely violent on the finish. On that 41' toss, the weight just sling shotted out and I almost fouled over the trig. Was a great throw. Looking forward to weights again to play with this a bit more. Focused on the same thing with lwfd. Just staying relaxed, working on a wider/smoother orbit rather than a violent drive. Was hitting 74-75 feet effortless and jumped to high 78s with some juice on it. 80' will fall very soon. Hammers also felt good. Worked the one and 2 winds to focus on delivery then on the 3 winds focused on driving my right knee to keep the ball moving while it's behind me. Starting to get good speed on these, 100' is going down soon as well. I took video but I probably won't post it as it'll be throwing 4 times again this week. Prescott games coming up on 4/12.

***

macros = 61/204/253 (f/c/p) 2358cals <- bit higher than usual, but I figured I earned this in training today.

No comments:

Post a Comment