Thursday, May 3, 2012

5/2/12 - throws: stone

training

16# stone
*step over x10-12
*full standing x4-6, best of 43'
*south african footwork drills x8-10
*full spin footwork drills x8-10
*full spin throws x8-10, best of 50'

my braemar has been on a downward spiral lately and I can't figure out why so I watched a lot of videos of myself and others. Focused on getting my hips through first and getting a good strong left from my left leg. Also worked on following through on the push, keeping my hand on it as long as possible to get a good flick at the end. Also brought my stance about 3" closer as I can feel it's easier to get my right hip under me while keeping my upper back. Best throw today was 43', which I'm satisfied with considering how sore my legs are, not to mention only running on about 500 calories for the day at this point.

few things on the full spin changed: opened up later on the entry. drove through the flight phase with my knee rather than my foot. drove straight to the trig with eyes up. pushed my right knee in hard to get my hips turning. held my left arm as long as I could and followed through out past the trig. Now just to speed everything up. Took a couple throws at the end where I tried to speed them up and they went 45, 47, 50 and then I started getting really tired and form broke down badly on the last 2. Lots more reps before I can hit this full speed ahead. Video I believe is about 45'

**

macros = 51/113/260 (f/c/p) 1963cals - took it easy on the carbs today after my pizza binge the night before

No comments:

Post a Comment