Friday, May 25, 2012

5/25/12 - throws: stones

bodyweight = 275lbs

training

16# stone
*stand x 25-30
*full spin x 15-20

great session today. Slowed it down on the standing tosses and focused on getting my hips through first, working on separation and a big pop with my left. Felt pretty good, was hitting 41-42 consistently. Def a lot more in the tank once I get this back on track.

for the full spin, was focusing on a tight turn coming out of the back as I was leaning a bit too much causing me to lose my balance to the right of the trig. Once that was fixed, I focused on a quick drive and active right leg. Once that started getting better I focused on a faster left leg and held the stone back as long as I could to separate. Still lots of stuff to work on, but I'm def making some progress. Nailed about 7 tosses over 50 ft with 2 at 51+ and one at 52ft. Still 7 1/2 weeks of training until Flagstaff games roll around. 55ft may be in order, then I'll get Mr Smith off my back, lulz..

***

macros = ?? cheat dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment