Sunday, February 20, 2011

2/20/11 - throws

training throws
  • 15# braemar for warmup
  • 15# open stone- 10-15 throws, 38-42', still working on transition from glide to power position, need to slow down, rushing the transition is causing me to open too early
  • 28#WFD- 8-10 throws, PR 69'10, almost @ 70.. need to drive harder towards the trig
  • 56#WFD- 5-7 throws, 28-32', again: drive hard to the trig, stay low through both spins, for some reason I was breaking at the hip and leaning forward which was throwing my balance off.. by the time I figured this out, my thumb was killing me and my energy was shot
  • 16# hammer- positions first, then speed..
  • caber- worked the girls caber just so I didn't have to work hard.. focused on pulls since my picks and carries aren't an issue. focused on pulling the caber into my hip while sinking then popping my hips forward and pulling straight up (like an upright row) very explosively.. took a few times to get this figured out but once I did, it was gravy. Moved to the 13' 130ish lb caber and pulled a few easy turns with that one.. NOW I'm looking forward to caber in the games next weekend..

No comments:

Post a Comment