Tuesday, January 17, 2012

1/14/11 - Iron Fest

Iron Fest Competition @ East Valley Crossfit

Event1: Clean & Jerk - 131kg 1st place
Event2: 3RM pullups - +30x3, 3rd place (last)
Event3: 3RM deadlift - 605x3, 1st place

Overall = 1st place

I've been training olympic lifts at East Valley Crossfit with one of the coaches there as I'd like to do an oly meet sometime later this year with some respectable numbers while not looking like a fool technically. To help show my support for the gym I decided to enter in the competition. The first 2 events were set, however, the 3rd was drawn from a hopper the day of the event. The options for the 3rd event were as follows: 1RM deadlift, 3RM deadlift, 315 AMRAP in 3mins, 3 rounds: 275x10 + 50DUs or 1000m row + 30rep deadlift @ 275. I lucked out by getting the 3RM deadlift. If the double unders had came up, I'd have been screwed, lol. The others I think I could have made do.

macros = ?? chorizo burrito, protein shakes, ice cream, italian sub.. etc

No comments:

Post a Comment