Tuesday, June 5, 2012

6/2/12 - throws: stone/wfd/hammer

training

16# stone
*step over x8-10, best of 42
*full spin x8-10, best of 52

56# wfd x8-10, best of 44
28# wfd x8-10, best of 83

16# hammer
*1 wind x3, best of 98
*2 wind x4, best of 114
*3 wind x8-10, best of 117

lots of new things today. First with the stones, working a more active block, pulling in hard with that left arm. Hit a couple of them good and felt how it translates. On wfd, I finally felt the drive to zero. After the first turn I sink and push my hips hard, this accellerates the weight down to zero and gets an even bigger explosion for the sprint. Did the same thing on the finish. Was hitting 41+ with less effort and a huge toss at 44' to finish off hwd. Same thing with lwd, but much faster. Need lots more reps to make this consistent. Hammer felt good, getting a good explosion and pop. Learning how to drop my hips faster and "chop" the ball down to accellerate it off my right side. Big things to come soon.

On a side note, started throwing at 630am, finished at 930a. Breakfast before throws was 2 scoops whey, 2 bananas and I sipped a 32oz gatorade diluted into a gallon of water throughout the throws session. Also took 400mg caffeine. This was a great throws session so I wanted to make a note of the nutrition going into it.

***

macros = 62/153/270 (f/c/p) 2193cals

No comments:

Post a Comment