Saturday, June 30, 2012

6/28/12 - throws: stones & hammer

am training

15.5# stone
*standing no reverse x4
*standing full x4
*full spin x ~15

lots of footwork drills here before the full spin.. watched a lot of videos of Ryan Whiting and a few others, noticing how explosively they push their left knee out of the back to get the hips moving and hold their upper body back to really get that "pop". Got a vid of one of my final throws, somewhere around 48-49ft. Noticed I seem to be diving into the sprint, rather than leading with my foot. Also dropping my left arm which is making me hunch over. Def some things to work on.




pm training

16# hammer
*winds w/no release x3-4
*3 wind tosses x 10-12

no video, nothing impressive here. Focused on sitting back and reaching on the 1st wind.. Focused on pushing my hips left/right as quickly as possible trying to stay in front of the ball. Watched some vids of McKim's beastly heavy hammer and some of Vierras tosses. Noticed how much farther they reach back and catch the ball. Incredible really, especially since I hadn't noticed it already. Goign to really make this a point of focus in the next few hammer sessions.



No comments:

Post a Comment