Tuesday, July 10, 2012

7/10/12 - oly training / throws: ostone

am training

15.5# stone
*stand no reverse x 6-8
*full stand x 6-8
*full spin footwork drills
*full spin x 18-20

again, no pop.. focusing on a fast left leg on the drills.. also trying to stay on my toes on my right so that I can finish with my right knee forward before exploding..

pm training

500m wu row in 1:37

ghr- bw x10x2
muscle snatch- 40kg x3x2, 50x3
power snatch- 60x2x3, 80x3x2
snatch pulls- 80x3x2, 110x3x3
drop snatches- 40x3, 50x3x3

expanded my grip on the drop snatches, much more comfortable in the oh squat position, will give this a shot on the rest of the snatches. a bit sore on the inside of my wrist, but I'm sure that'll go away with time

on a side note, I'm now convinced I'm overtrained based on my low calories and overall shitty feeling. I'm weak, low energy, no pop, very "fuzzy" on the throws.. everything just feels off. I feel that the heavy work in the gym is just killing my CNS while on the lower calories so I've decided to switch back to 5/3/1 for my main lifts. Outside of a recovery-esq workout on monday I'm taking off lifting until after the flagstaff games. I'm also done throwing until saturday. From there, I'll throw heavy monday and light tuesday then done for the remainder of the week to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment