Friday, July 27, 2012

7/26/12 - throws: stone/wfd

training

15.5# stone
*stand x10
*full spin x10

56# wfd
*1 turn x8
*full x8-10, best of 41'

focusing on pushing my right hip through hard on the standing tosses while getting onto my left. making progress. entry and sprint feeling good on the full spin, working on holding my upper and pushing my right hip, opening up completely before firing out. still a lot of work to do here.

wfd feeling really good, 1 turns were all smooth and easy, out around 35ish. full throws were all 36-37ish with little effort. Got after the last 3 tosses and went 40+, 40+, 41+. Happy with this, just need to tighten that first turn some.


training leading up to pleasanton will be as follows:

monday = squat + stones
tuesday = snatches + hammer
wednesday = deads + wfd
thursday = stones & hammer
friday = off
saturday = all throws including caber
sunday = off

going to be putting up my wob standards at my house and will add that in twice per week too, just an easy 10 tosses, working on making 16' easier. I've got some serious work to do in the next 4 1/2 weeks to prep for Pleasanton. Some very heavy hitters are going to be there and I need to be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment