Friday, September 13, 2013

9/3/13 - stone & squat/pull

Training#1 @ 115p

17# stone
*non reverse x5, best 43
*reverse x5, best 45
*MSA x6-8, best 49

Not bad. Still a little tired from the weekend. Need to put a lot of work into stones. Watching the video I'm still finishing early. I need to get my right shoulder forward before finishing. Need to change the release angle so that I'm pushing the stone away from me instead of in front of me. This should keep me on my left longer and allow me to push on the stone longer. Footwork looks solid. Trying to stay low and really drive my hip into my torso on the stands. On the spins I'm pushing forward with my chest and trying to get my left down as fast as possible while keeping my eyes on the front horizon as long as possible. Still drifting a little too far forward but it's coming along. Working on keeping my head up and again, not finishing too early. Good stepping stone today, more stones later this week.


Training#2 @ 715p

Squat up to 405x5 no belt/wraps
23" box squat, 405x5, 455x5x2 belt only, snappy
12" step ups bw x15x2
Deadlift 225x5, 425x2, 515x1, 605x1, 655x1

Squats felt good. It's nice to be moving some weight without the belt or wraps and knees feeling ok too. Feeling a bit more powerful.  Hit the box for some fast explosive reps, weights singing at the top and bar bouncing off shoulders. Attempted to do some step ups with 225 but my patellar tendon on both knees were screaming at me so I just did some bodyweight stuff. Prob just still a bit inflamed from the weekend. Pulls felt absolutely awesome. First time pulling 655 in nearly a year and a half. 605 flew up so I decided to put a quarter on each side. Missed first attempt due to a sweaty grip failure and felt like I couldn't get a good breath with the belt so I lost that, chalked up and hit it again. Probably not the smartest to do 2 weeks out from Worlds but it felt good and was definitely a confidence booster. Feeling strong.



No comments:

Post a Comment