Friday, September 13, 2013

9/8/13 - stone/wfd/hammer

Training @ 545a

28# braemar
*non reverse x4
*full x3, best 33

15.5# open
*msa x8, best 53

56 wfd x6, 2 @ 44

16 hammer x6, 125ish

Grabbed a bigger stone for braemar as Loon will have a 28# stone to toss. Trying to get a little used to the larger size and hand positioning for a good throw. Harder to keep it tucked but I don't feel 33 is awful. If I can get 35-36ft I think that would put me in good standings. On the MSA I was focusing on keeping my head up and my eyes at 9:00 until my left touched down. This was letting my hips get in front and getting good separation. Still finishing early and jumping off my left. Going to work in keeping my upper body back a bit more and getting my right shoulder more into the field before fishing. 

Wfd was great. Changed my entry so not as big of an angle on the setup and cast. This made it easier to move my low point more left. Straighter sprint and longer push on both the sprint and finish. Great breakthrough here. 

Thinking of switching to tacky only for hammers. I keep ripping my gloves within 2 uses and just throwing money away. I have always preferred to throw without them but became a slave to simplicity and easy cleanup. Donned some tacky and went to it. Need to get used to setup time for maximum tack as the handle was sliding around a bit and wasn't comfortable getting after it. Just focused on hitting some good positions. Started raining so couldn't get after any of them. Focus this week will be to loosen up and let my legs push the hammer left & right. Relaxxxxxx.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment