Sunday, March 20, 2011

3/19/11 - throws

lunchtime training throws
  • 23.5# braemar - 25-30 throws, 85-90% hitting around 31-33' with a couple @ 35'
  • 16# shot, south african - 35-40 throws, 75-80%, hitting high 30s/low 40s
  • 26# WFD - 10 standing, 10 single spin, ~15 double spin, 85-90% hitting mid 60s, put some juice on the last few throws and hit low 70s each time
braemar- focused on driving forward onto double post while keeping square to the back of the trig as long as possible

south african shot- focused on the active left arm while spinning, getting really wound up driving the knee inwards once in the power position, not focusing on getting down at all yet, felt good.

WFD- broke part of my 5lb plate off the WFD on my first standing throw so it dropped down to about 26lbs. standing and single spins focused on driving the weight out past the trig as well as a good lift. same with double spin. after reviewing phx tape, I need to start my spin earlier as my high point is initially off my left shoulder. I think this may be causing me to use energy (that could be spent on drive) to correct the orbit and therefore lowering my numbers a bit. Will work on this


macros = 53f / 330c / 272p = 2905 cals, 75g carbs preWO and another 100g during, by the end of the 3rd hour I was definitely feeling fatigue despite the calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment