Saturday, March 26, 2011

3/26/11 - throws

thows training
  • 23.5# braemar, ~10 throws, 85-90%, low 30s with a couple around 35'
  • 16# open - south african, 5-6 throws, low 30s, blegh
  • 53# WFD, 4-5 standing throws, 3-4 single spins, 4-5 double spins, best just shy of 37'
  • 42# WFD - 3 throws, 43ish first 2 throws, then 48' last throw
  • 28# WFD - 5-6 throws, first was 68' and it went down from there
  • 16# hammer - ~10 throws, 100-110ish
braemar - felt off today, wasn't getting a good forward drive into double post and into the reverse C

open - felt horrible, felt like I've never done a south african before, just couldn't get on it. definitely need to drill alot more so that I'm comfortable going into the Vegas games

HWFD - felt good though not getting enough leg drive, that 37' was nearly standing, get some leg drive into it and I'll be hitting near 40'

42# WFD - just hit positions the first two throws and didn't focus on putting much drive into it, put some juice on the last one and it felt great, didn't measure it officially but it was about 2' off of the 50' flag which would be a PR for me

28# WFD - my thumb was throbbing at this point, lots of pain, got 2 good throws out there (and I wasn't really even getting on it) at about 68' before going downhill fast so I shut it down early

16# hammer - first time doing hammer since the phoenix games due to my abdominal strain. felt good, no issues hitting full extension. hit quite a few around the 98' range then added a little speed and was hitting 105s pretty easy. Just focused on hitting positions, getting long and keeping my balance. I'll start working on speed and power over the next week or so..

good session today, was out there for about 3 hours throwing with Brezina, Seckman and another buddy of mine.. definitely need alot of work on my south african but everything else seems to be coming together nicely. Looking forward to open, LWFD and WOB on wednesday.. going to try to do south african drills daily to get the movement dialed in.


macros = ?? 1st cheat day in nearly a month, lots of spaghetti, some protein shakes and ice cream for dessert, nom nom nom..

No comments:

Post a Comment