Thursday, August 2, 2012

7/31/12 - snatches/plyos + throws: stones

training #1

15.5# stone
*standing x10
*full spin x10
*wheel drill x15

getting hip through better on the standing tosses, still focus on snapping that right hip and holding the upper body back. Need to push my knee through also..

semi-breakthrough on open stone. Going to try to pick my left leg up a bit higher as I'm turning. I've found that I tend to go immediately to the finish as soon as my left hits the ground. By picking my left up longer I'm still getting my hip around, but I'm giving myself just a fraction of a second to get my right foot turned forward and ready for the finish. From there I can start working on more and more separation. Going to be focusing on this alot over the next few practices.

training #2

24" box jump- bwx10, +25#kb x8, 35x8, 44x8, 53x8

muscle snatch- 40kg x3, 50x3, 60x3
power snatch- 60x3, 70x3, 80x3, 45x5 (from hip, focus on keeping bar close)
drop snatches- 40x3, 50x3, 60x3

getting much more efficient, pretty exciting. Feeling more explosive, going to be adding clean work in shortly

No comments:

Post a Comment