Wednesday, August 15, 2012

8/11/12 - throws: stone/wfd/hammer

training

15.5# stone
*stand x 6-8 (non reverse), best of 44
*180 drill footwork x alot
*180 drill w/stone x 6-8, best of 49
*full spin x1 = no bueno

56# wfd
*1 turn x 4-6, best of 37
*full x 4-6, best of 41

28# wfd
*full x 4-6, best of 76

16# hammer
*full x 6-8, best of 119

20# sheaf
*spin x 4
*stand x 3

not a bad practice, putting several things together on all the events. Stone is getting better, smoother and cleaner. Focus on leading with my right hip and left arm while keeping the rest of my torso as square to the back as I can. On the 180s focus on keeping my torso facing approx 9:00 as long as possible while pushing the right hip and opening left arm. Still very sectional right now but it's getting smoother. Tried a full spin and opened right up immediately, need to do more drilling before going back to full. soon though.

weights felt good, missing the finish. Got after a couple of the full throws but just wasn't finishing strong, still back on my right leg. Need to work more on getting on my left and over the trig. lwfd felt pretty awful, was getting tired and legs were slowing down. Kept dragging the weight around me on the finish instead of pushing it out into the field. need more 80% reps here

hammers felt awful at first, then i got into the groove. a very long left side and a very early turn with the torso made a world of difference. had to do a couple 2 winds with no releases as my timing was off for the 3rd wind. took a couple that felt really good, very slow second wind, drove the right knee and extended out way over my left, turned my torso then another wind a little faster, but not much. Dropped several in the high one-teens with nothing on them, not even a strong finish. Should have this polished for pton

sheaf felt ok, just started trying to learn the spin.. the block is absolutely huge in this since there's so much momentum. lots of work to do here, haven't decided if I'll stick with it or not.. def need to practice sheaf more often so I can get a good number in Tucson or another games this year I do that have sheaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment