Wednesday, August 15, 2012

8/13/12 - squat/bench + throws: hammer

#1 training

14# training hammer
*1 wind x5
*2 wind x5

my core was absolutely crushed this morning from the new technique and all the tosses on saturday. Got to the point that I didn't want to push any harder for fear of injury so I just shut it down. Really feeling a long left side and catching it very far back. This is going to be huge once I dial it in

#2 training

7.25 miles on stationary bike in 20 mins

531 wk2 front squat- 260x3, 295x3, 330x6
531 wk2 bench- 235x3, 365x3, 315x5 (didn't follow suit on the last set)
high box back squat- 330x5x3 focus on speed
GMs- 225x10, 275x10x2
dips- bwx10x5

good session.. swapped out back squats for front squats in the 531 rotation as I feel this will help my core better for throwing. First time front squatting like this since march.. not as easy as I had remembered but not bad, felt good. Hit up high box squats afterwards, I took an 18" box and stacked two 35lb plates on it. First set was with both plates, second set with only 1 plate, and 3rd set just on the 18" box. Focused on exploding hard off the box. The 3rd set was the toughest and lowest, not as fast as I had wanted, definitely some work to do here. workout partner (which I rarely have) wanted to go to 3 plates on the bench so I just went to that instead of the even 300 that was RXd.. hit 5 and the shoulder wasn't a fan. Went over to dips and shoulder didn't like that either. I pulled my knees up and tried to be more upright when doing the dips and that took all the pressure off. triceps are smoked now.. good shit

No comments:

Post a Comment