Wednesday, August 15, 2012

8/14/12 - throws: stone

training

15.5# stone
*stand x 6-8
*stand w/reverse x 4-6, best of 45
*180 drill footwork x alot
*180 drill w/stone x 6-8
*full spin x 6-8, best of 50

slowed everything down. On stands, focused on leading with rigth hip and leg arm while keeping my torso square to the back of the throwing area for as long as possible. Focused on transitioning forward with a hard left leg block to accellerate the right hip even more. Definitely coming along, but still missing the whole package.. reps...  on drills, focused on getting into the power position first and trying to look at 9:00 (or as far to my right as possible). split this into 2 movements: one=the turn, two=the throw. once these felt smooth, put them together starting with a slow spin then transitioning into an easy finish. Did a couple like this and tried the same but with an explosive finish and was hitting about 46-47 with the drill. A bit timid about the full spin, I decided to try it, but much slower than usual. Focused on coming out of the back slow, getting my right down then sticking my left just like the drill. Focused on holding my torso back, pushing my right hip and left arm while continuing to hold my torso back then popping it for a big finish. Thinking "slow to fast" really helped here. A couple very slow, smooth and controlled tosses had me out at 48-50 for 4 throws in a row to finish the day. Very happy with how this is coming. Will do the same next practice and work up to a little faster speed.


On a non-training related note, my Mrs and I had an OB appt today. Baby#2 is a BOY!!! So excited, due date is January 18th right now and everything is measuring good/healthy/on-time. Can't wait, my son will be so excited to have another little guy to play with.

On another non-training related note, I'm totally failing in the food pic category of this log. Need to step it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment