Tuesday, November 13, 2012

11/13/12 - ppress/deads

Am weight = 269

Training @ 430a

Ppress 265x3x2, 265x5
Deads 550x3x2, 550x6

Today was one of those days. Push press warmups felt ok but the first work set at 265 felt miserable. Stiff, low energy levels and just didn't "want" to be there. Last set was a max rep but 5 reps was def not max reps. I'm fairly certain I could've gone to 8 if I had the desire to really push it. Stopped at 5 because the lockout felt hard. This is a 5 rep work set for me in about 3 weeks, so hitting this for 5 makes me confident for my next cycle after I deload next week. Deads felt good once I got going. I've gotten into a terrible habit of using straps because at 5am, I'm so lazy I just don't want to put any effort where it isn't needed. I'm going to start chalking again. I just feel more in-tune with the bar without straps. Deads weren't easy but they certainly weren't hard. Again, just stopped at 6 here because I didn't have the WIM. Probably could've gone to 8, possibly 10.

Skipped hammers today, like I said, one of those days. Went home and relaxed for a bit with the Mrs and played with the kiddo some before heading into work. Tomorrow is my 4 year wedding anniversary so there will be no training and I'm taking the day off. I'll hit some snatches/squats/hammers on thursday, then some stones/weights friday and stones/weights/hammers/caber saturday and done-zo until the week of the 26th (outside of some deload type stuff, maybe 2 light weight sessions and 2 light throws sessions early next week).

No comments:

Post a Comment