Monday, November 12, 2012

11/9/12 - snatch/bsquat & stone/wfd

Training#1 @ 430a

Power snatch up to ugly 205x3
Bsquat 430x5x2, 430x6
12" box step ups 135x8, 225x8x2


Training#2 @ 640a

15.5# stone
*stand x6
*south African x6
*full spin x8

Just getting the reps in here. Spoke with MattV for a while and came to the conclusion I'm driving too hard with my right leg and that's why I'm over-reaching.. need to focus more on driving/sprinting with my left leg. Focus on "walking through" the spin. Going to try to fall onto my right and bring my left around fast, similar to Jacko Gill. From there I can progress a bit more. Definitely need to get this reaching issue under control.

56# wfd
*one turn x6
*full x6
28# wfd x4

One turns felt good, need faster feet to get into a position sooner for a big finish. Faster feet -> more push to zero -> faster implement -> bigger finish. Drifting 6 or so inches forward on my first spin. Need to fix this as I'm stepping over the trig by about 6" at the front. Also focused leaning over my right side and getting a real long pull/push on the weight. I definitely like this. 28 was good, feeling tired so the throws weren't great.

No comments:

Post a Comment