Thursday, November 8, 2012

11/8/12 - ppress/deads & hammer

Training#1 @ 440a

Push press 250x5x2, 250x8
Deads 520x5x2, 520x8
Db rows x2

Great day. Not much accessory stuff but meh, whatevs. Push press felt really solid. Deads started out feeling heavy but got lighter with each set and rep. The rep out for both was pretty fun. Conditioning is shit. Need to get on this.

Training#2 @ 630a

16# hammer
*5 winds no release x 8-10
*3 wind throws x16

Spending a lot of time watching Larry Brock's hammer videos. His tech is flawless. Working on catching high, driving the ball down then pushing it with my right hip before pulling it back up. Need to focus more on sinking my hips on the down stroke so I can get more hip behind the ball to drive it faster. Slow reps today and for the next couple sessions, just drilling the movement pattern in then I can start getting after it. Changing focal point to dead I front of me helped a lot. Not twisting my hips to the right so much is letting me drive the ball better. Need to work on staying long on the left side though without sacrificing orbit angle by leaning back too far. Good practice.



Haven't been paying attention to calories, but I was about 276 last night after dinner. Workouts and throws are both up. I'd really like to maintain here so I'll have to start paying attention to calories again soon. Blegh, sick of counting.


No comments:

Post a Comment