Thursday, November 29, 2012

11/21/12 - stone/wfd/hammer

Training @ 345p

15.5# stone
*standing x5-8, 40-42ish
*full spin x5-8, 45-47ish

Not really into the stones as of late so I just put the work in. Did figure out that I'm raising my right leg too high off the ground. I've known this and keep falling into bad habits until someone points it out. On my very last rep, kept my right close to the ground and more of a sweeping motion. Right foot landed, kept turning, hit the block. Good toss.

56# wfd
*1 turn x5-6, 38-42
*full x6-8, best of 46'10" training PR

28# wfd x5, best of 82ish

1 turns were feeling solid, especially after taking most of the week off from training. Was really focusing on getting low and leaning a bit to my right side for a long pull. Switched to fulls and the magic started. Two throws under 40ft. Avg about 42ft with a couple at 43ft. Then on my last one I just wanted to get low and really hit a long long finish..........and that happened. Stepped over the trig but it flew over the cone I had at 45ft. Tweaked my left knee a tiny bit, just some old patellar tendonitis so nothing new. Finally broke that 45ft barrier and felt what a big throw should feel like. Looking forward to things to come on this one. Went onto the 28 at this point. Went 3 in the high 70s and 2 in the low 80s. Need to work with the 28 more so I can dial in my timing for a big throw. I swear the 82 footer landed around 85, but there wasn't any divots around (was throwing into dirt) so I just went with the next closest which was 82. Meh, whatevs. There's a big one in there lurking.

16# hammer
*winds x2-3 to loosen up
*full throws x6-8, 118-122ish

Working on catching the ball high then immediately dropping my hips and pushing my right knee in then getting super long with my left. Very smooth, just slow. Looking forward to adding some speed to this soon.


Great training day out with Adam Brezina and Brandon Hall today. Looking forward to the next time we throw together.

No comments:

Post a Comment