Tuesday, December 18, 2012

12/18/12 - benchmark ppress/deads

Benchmark Week

Training @ 430a

Push press up to 315x1, miss at 335
Deads up to 605x1 on 3rd attempt, 585x1, 495x1

Shitty session. Made a 10lb increase from push press from last benchmark, but was really looking for that 335. Next time. Deads were miserable. 545 flew off the floor then I missed my first two attempts at 605. I realized that I'm way out front and my positions are off. Pulled the bar in closer and nailed it on the 3rd attempt. I've realized that the touch-and-go deads I've been doing for the last 7 weeks or so have killed my power off the floor. Will be going back to full resets between reps and that should have things fixed up rather quickly.

No throws today, field is still really soggy. Honestly though, it's nice to take a break from throwing. Complete deload next week, very anxious. Only a couple throws sessions and a max squat stand in the way. Taking all next week off from work as well, lots of family time. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment