Wednesday, December 5, 2012

12/5/12 - ppress/deads & hammer

Training#1 @ 430a

Push press 265x5x2, 265x4+1
Deads 550x5x3

Hammerstrength rows x10x3
Db curl drop set .. wicked pump bro

Figured out I'm pressing just a tiny bit too wide on the push presses. Missed the 5th rep on the last set of push presses. Took belt off and decided to try again. Belted back up, readjusted my grip inwards (ring finger on rings) and smoked the last rep. About 45 seconds between the last attempt and going again. Deads felt good, also figured out an adjustment issue. First rep last few weeks has been absolutely killer. This morning figured out I'm probably 1" too far away from the bar when I begin my pull. 24hr fitness has octagon plates so I can't roll it into the position I want to start in and have to be more mindful. On the last set I stepped in just a tiny bit closer to the bar and smoked the rep and everyone thereafter. Next week is 575x3 then benchmark week to see where I'm at. Hopefully have made some improvements.

Training#2 @ 645a

16# hammer
*winds x5
*full x26, best of 124'

Meh.. Was getting nice and long and kind of whippy, but just not attacking the finish like last week. Keeping slow to fast on my winds, however, I noticed that I'm catching my 3rd wind high, but catching the finish low and not getting a big pop. Now I know what the issue is between yesterday and today's hammers I can work on that. Think I might throw hammer tomorrow instead of stone/wfd since hammers are the focus right now. Also thinking of extending hammer focus out until my deload at Christmas then swapping to stones during the deload and after first of the year. Might just work a lot of 85% reps tomorrow with a handful of big ones to dial in the movement a bit better. Timing is certainly an issue, but if I applying force at the wrong times then speeding it up is just going to make it go downhill which is whats happening now. I need to be consistant at 135+ if I want to be competitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment