Thursday, December 6, 2012

12/6/12 - cleans/bsquat & hammer

Training#1 @ 430a

Hang cleans up to 225 x a couple singles, drop to 135 and work tech
Back squat - 455x4, 455x3, 455x2
12" box step ups - 225x8x3

womp womp wommmmmp.. just wasn't in it today. WIM approaching record low levels. The 3rd day in a row caught up with me. Probably could have ground out 5 for the first 2 sets and maybe 3 or 4 on the last but just feeling run down this week. Going to rest tomorrow, throw saturday and rest sunday. Heavy triples next week.

Training#2 @ 7a

16# hammer
*winds x3
*full x20, best of 122

Good practice despite the lack of energy and overall "give-a-fuck" of the prior weight session. Just wanted to keep it slow and work the finish specifically so the effort level wasn't very significant. I've got a bad habit of hitting the finish early. I drive the weight down to my right side and GO GO GO so it comes out way off to the right and ends up being pretty flat as well. Focused on getting long and whippy but trying to catch it very high and add speed on the way down before the finish. These were about 20% successfull. Last few throws I tried something else using the mental cue of "scooping" the hammer. Instead of focusing on driving the hammer down, I focused on catching it high, sinking my hips, pushing it away from me (to my right) then "scooping" or dragging the hammer all the way across my body and finishing big. I've been told to drag the finish before but the word "scoop" worked much better than the word "drag" for some reason. Whatevs... it worked pretty well. Going to play with it some more next week then increase speed again. Looking forward to saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment