Tuesday, December 4, 2012

12/1/12 - stone/wfd/hammer

Training @ 830a

21.5# braemar stone x8-10, best of 40'

PR with this heavy of a stone. Been staggering my left behind my right a bit more. Left toes are 2-3" behind my right heel. This is letting me push my right hip through better to get more separation. I think there's still more in the tank, but considering stones haven't been a focus as of late I'm happy with some progress.

15.5# ostone x10-12, best of 50'

Same as with bstone. Stones haven't been a focus as of late, but this was a pretty good stone session. Worked on keeping my right foot low, more of a sweeping motion that transitions into a very fast spin and placement of my left foot. Not pulling my left around as much as I need to which is causing the finish to be off, but this is a definite improvement over before. Felt much smoother. Had a couple really good toses that came off my fingertips. Just wasn't able to put it all together without something going wrong.

56# wfd
*1 turn x3-5, best of 42'
full x6-8, best of 45'

Focus on getting low on the 1 turns for a big long pull on the finish. Also was focusing on not stepping over. I do a lot of step-overs and I don't want to get in the habit of this. I need to go big in the trig and stepping over in a games is not going to get me there so I was working on dialing in a big finish without coming over. Felt good. For the fulls, first few tosses I shot right over the trig before finishing. I think my 2nd turn was too flat. Fixed this and was landing just right. Nailed a few with lower hips and went several 43s, a couple 44s and a 45. Need to get lower. High 40s have to be consistent.

28# wfd x6-8, best of 82

I had one I thought I lauched out there, but it hit an invisible wall. I need to get lower and much faster. Just not getting a long finish like on the heavy. Going to be spending a lot of time with lwd in february to work on speed and timing. I need this to be in the high 80s if I want to be competitive with the big dogs next year.

22# hammer x6-8, best of 103'

Haven't swung a heavy hammer since the Tucson games so I was really tight on this. Not really able to get super long and comfortable with it. First one was mid 80s, second was high 90s, third was 102 and the rest were up over 100. Threw away my gloves on thursday because they were too tackied up and didn't have a chance to get more. The tacky on my bare hands felt fine in the beginning of the throw but by the 3rd wind I could feel it slipping out and this was causing me to pull in. Just wasn't getting very long and relaxed here. Need to start throwing heavy hammer more often. Will add these in on saturdays with the rest of the tosses.

16# hammer x1 = wom wom wommmmmm

Felt abs really tighten up on this rep and just decided to call it. Was pretty tired and rounding the 3rd hour of practice.

Overall good throws session with Adam and Eddie. Looking forward to continued progress this off-season. Goal next year is to not look like a fool in the Pro class.

..........yes I said Pro class. I decided that it doesn't really benefit me to stay an amateur next year. I don't have plans to travel and compete in lots of games next year, so with that said... why wait? I feel that throwing myself to the wolves will only make me a better thrower and increase my experience level among esteemed athletes. I'm very excited and very intimidated at the same time. I know that I'll only get a handful of invites next year and I'm ok with that, considering I only complete a handful of times anyways. I'm hoping the experience I gain next year pushes me to to the next level to be a very competitive Pro in 2014. Cheers for big things in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment