Monday, January 13, 2014

1/12/14 - stone/wfd/hammer

Training @ 730a

18# shot
*stand non reverse x4-5
*stand w/reverse x4-5, best 42
*south african non reverse x2-3
*south african w/reverse x2-3, best 48
*full spin x5-6, best 48

Need to be mindful and break the full into segments: entry, sprint, power position. Towards the end I was trying to reach for something behind the throwing box with my left arm in an attempt to slow down my upper body to allow my right to keep turning. It was working but still firing too early. Not a great session but not a poor one. I can visualize what I want to do in my head, but making it happen is proving difficult


49# wfd x8-10, best 47

A far cry from my 53ft PR but they all felt good, had decent speed and positions felt solid.


16# hammer x5, best 137

Been trying to manhandle this one too much the last few practices. Not relaxing and staying tight was really killing my distances. Loosened my grip on the handle and focused more on using the hips to push the ball and everything felt so much smoother, including my shoulder.


Bit of frustration here. I took Thursday off of squats in an attempt to rest up and feel less overtrained, however, I still feel run down and shitty. This annoys me as not even 2 weeks ago I took a full week and a half off to get over a cold. Did this really do nothing for me physically to take the time off? Arnold coming up quick, no time to rest right now, however, going to take a good amount of time off that last week to week & a half before the Arnold to make sure I'm fully recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment